17 April 2007

CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!!!

I have a bad habit of reading signs on the street out loud at extremely high volume. When I was visiting la soeur in Santa Cruz, amid the panoply of Easter advertising I got it in my head to scream "CHOCOLATE BUNNIES" at the top of my voice. Many were annoyed.

A few days after I got back to dreary ole Cambridge, what should I find at my door? That very same chocolate bunny that had inspired all the shouting. My sister is a genius, and not without a sense of humor. Do you know it's the most delicious thing I've had in a while? Dark chocolate with--get this--ginger, wasabi, and dark sesame seeds. The ginger is the most prominent flavor of the three, but I have to say it's an amazing trifecta. The sesame seeds give it a little crunch, and the wasabi is very subtle and counters the sweetness nicely. I think the bunny is from Japan. Do they have Easter bunnies in Japan? I sense a Wikipedia search...

Easter is over but I'm still nibbling away. So far he's lost both his ears. I'm eyeing the tail for tonight.

No comments: